Did you know wasted medicines cost the NHS over £5,000,000 in South Staffordshire last year?
£5,000,000 is Equivalent to:
- 800 more hip replacements or;
- 560 more heart bypass operations or;
- 5,600 more cataract operations or;
- 120 more community nurses or;
- 720 more knee replacements.
How you can help
- Check what medicines you have at home before re-ordering.
- On your repeat prescription only tick those items you really need.
- If you don’t need a medicine now, don’t order it this time. It will still appear on your next repeat prescription.
- If you feel you don’t need a medicine anymore, tell your doctor.
- Remember, dispensed medicines cannot be reused by other patients if you return them.